Last Updated: 5/26/2021
Summer Camp Updates at Oil Belt!
We’re excited to have you at Oil Belt Christian Service Camp soon! In addition to some of the COVID updates we’ve already sent out, we wanted to give you some final info to prepare for your camp!
1. Be sure to read the Parent Info letter about COVID specific information for summer camp. Again, information is changing daily so there may be adjustments as we arrive closer to your camp.
2. Here is our Activity Participation Agreement. Please read through, print and bring this, signed, to camp on your registration day. We will have copies available if printing is not an option for you.
4. On registration day, there will be a few changes in comparison to previous years. We are going to ask campers and families to remain in their vehicles until your camp start time. (For most camps, that’s 9am)
Table: There will be 2 tables for you based on your registration; paid or
unpaid. You’ll check-in and receive your
numbered wristband and bunk tag. At this point you’ll turn in your Activity
Participation Agreement and final payments if needed.
You’ll also be instructed on the assigned group your camper will be placed in.
The numbered wristband has a tear off number that corresponds with your child’s wristband. Please keep this number, or take a picture with your phone to use at check-out.
- § Luggage Carts will be assigned by group, so your student can place their luggage in their assigned cart.
- § Nurse Table: If your student has medications, allergies or other medical conditions we ask you to see our nurse. Give all medications in their original containers to our nurse for their duration at camp. In the past we have allowed them to be in weekday style cases separated by days and times, but this year we’d like them in their original containers.
- § Canteen Table: If you pre-ordered shirts or canteen cards, or if you would like one, you can purchase these at the canteen table. Celebrate no walking to the canteen this year! Ha!
going through these tables, your camper will go sit with their group in the
Activity Building. Once everyone is
checked in they will go to the dorms to put their things away and make beds.
If your camper is 6th grade or under, then one parent/guardian is allowed to go to the dorm to help put clothes/luggage away and assist making their bed.
For campers 7th and up, we’ll ask you to say your good-byes for the day and have the camper sit in their group. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we try to minimize the risks of COVID being spread with our staff, faculty and campers. We’re thankful to offer summer camp this year and are striving to make it a great environment for your children to attend!
As in past years, to pick up your child only people on the “authorized pick-up list” or people with the numbered tear-off (or a picture of it) will be allowed to sign-out your child.
Again, thank you for trusting OBCSC with your child! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give a us a call. We’re looking forward to a great summer!