Last Updated: 4/07/2021
Summer Camp is overnight at Oil Belt!
With Phase 4 came the chance for us to host overnights this summer. After working with our local health department and IDPH on the newest restrictions, our board has decided to move forward and operate overnight camps for our summer camp program!
On our website, oilbelt.com, we will have FAQ’s for the new restrictions, but here’s a few main questions we expect you may be wondering:
- 1. The scheduled dates and start/end times listed on our schedule remain the same. Many camps will start on Monday mornings this year and end on Wednesday or Thursday at 5pm. This looks different from previous years, but we believe it will be a great option as we continue to “return to normal”.
- 2. Registration opens Monday, April 12th at 10am on our website: oilbelt.com. Registration is online only this year.
- 3. The main restriction is that campers will need to be in groups of 30 throughout the week and that capacity is limited to 50%. This means we can only host 125 campers for overnight camps. Capacity is limited so register quickly!
- 4. Since campers will be in groups, masks will not be required when they’re in their groups. There will be a few times throughout the day if they’re in close proximity to other groups that they will need to wear a mask. Examples are while in meal lines, entering worship times, etc.
- 5. Camp is a great place for friends to come together! On your registration form there will be a place to request to be assigned to a group with your friends. Groups will be gender specific this year to maximize space.
- 6. 1-2 weeks out from your camp we will send updates and instructions for any additional guidance. You’ll also receive an updated waiver to bring with you to check-in that will have a COVID agreement certifying campers haven’t exhibited symptoms or been near anyone with COVID, etc.
Thank you for understanding and being flexible as we’ve developed this summer’s schedule and plans! Camp changes lives for Christ and we believe that will be true this summer!
Last, don’t forget to attend our Camp Kick-Off Party on May 2nd from 3-7pm!
From 3-6pm we will have games, tours, food trucks, live music and more! At 6pm we will head into the Activity Building for worship. It’s a great way for those “regular” campers to come enjoy camp and for people who’ve never been here to experience a day at camp!
We hope to see you at camp this summer!